Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Redstarts at Ferry Meadows

A good morning at Ferry Meadows hoping for Pied Flycatcher or Tree Pipit but more than happy with two Redstarts and a host of Spotted Flycatchers and common warblers. The first Redstart was one on Heron Meadow for its sixth day but the other I found near the carparks in a clump of vegetation around two large poplars packed with migrants. This is the the first Redstart I've found in the PBC area.

Redstart Phoenicurus phoenicurus


Spotted Flycatcher Muscicapa striata



Digiscoped with Canon Powershot A640 and Leica APO77 x20

2 comments:

Mits said...

Hi!
The photos of flycatcher are very good. Flycatcher is one of the sweetest bird in the world.

===================================
Simran
nitishrocks

Shirley said...

Hey Brian - what interesting and fun looking birds. I've never seen them before. I doubt they will ever visit my Scottish garden. Great photos :-D